Trekking in Huerquehue National Park
Just 35 km from Pucón, this national park is located in a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve. Known for the cristalline waters of Lakes Tinquilco, Toro, Verde and Chico, you will pass through thousand year old Araucaria forests, thundering waterfalls and may even have a chance to spot Magellanic woodpeckers and other endemic bird species.
We will camp within the national park for one night before continuing on the next day to the Rio Blanco hot springs where a barbecue awaits before our transport will collect us to head back to Pucón.
- SEASON: October to April. Dependent on weather conditions.
- DURATION: 2 days / 1 night
- LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY: Medium to hard. Not as difficult as the Villarrica Volcano ascent, but there is significant uphill on the first day so a good level of fitness is required.
- FOR: Hikers and trekkers with good fitness level
- GROUP SIZE: Minimum 6
- INCLUDED: Return transport, professional bilingual guide (English & Spanish), National park entrance fee, 2 person tents, Day 1: snack & dinner, Day 2: breakfast & BBQ
- WHAT TO BRING: Sleeping bags, sleeping mats, hiking boots, head torch, sun protection, hat, personal belongings, personal snacks and layered clothing
- NOTES: Reservations for this activity must be made at least two days in advance.